Free Home Value Report Search For Homes

Expert Tips for Home Buyers & Sellers

As your Chicago real estate agent Dave Auffarth, I want to be your resource for all things real estate. Whether you are buying, selling, or investing in real estate, I am here to guide you through the process. Subscribe to this blog to learn all of the latest news from our local market and receive expert tips for buying or selling a home.

Thursday, September 29, 2016

How We Helped Theresa Davis by Assessing the Property to Thrive in the Current Market


I think it was in the fall of 2014 and then we sold in the spring of 2015 if I’m getting my dates right. Dave was great. He came in, he assessed it, he knew the market, he helped talk me through the differences between the houses and the sales that he was choosing us from. There were not that many sales in the neighborhood where our house was. There just hadn’t been that many people moving or buying over the recent past. He was very helpful in figuring out the price point for it, which turned out to be a spot on price point. He helped with staging it and getting it ready for sale. He was there from start to finish. He really was a great advisor sold the house pretty quickly frankly given the market at the time. He walked me through everything from not just price points but other variables like how quickly do I want to sell it? Would we price it at one point and then would we have to do some work in order to get a few things fixed? Would we want to sell it as is and not have to deal with that? And I would then need to factor that in. So he was really on the front end kind of figuring out what are my goals that I want to achieve and what will the market bear in order to achieve those goals?

 Theresa Davis - Home Seller